The so-called fastener is a general term for a class of mechanical parts used when two or more parts (or components) are fastened and connected as a whole. Also called standard parts on the market. Under normal circumstances, the common 12 types of parts are: bolts, studs, screws, nuts, self-tapping screws, wood screws, washers, retaining rings, pins, rivets, assemblies and connection pairs, welding nails. Anchoring Expansion Bolt Wholesaler is based on the summary, and I will share with you the common types of fasteners.
1. Bolt: a type of fastener consisting of a head and a screw (a cylinder with external threads), which need to cooperate with a nut to fasten two parts with through holes. This type of connection is called a bolted connection.
2. Studs: There is no head, only a type of fastener with external threads at both ends. When connecting, one end of it must be screwed into a part with an internally threaded hole, the other end must be passed through the part with a through hole, and then the nut should be screwed on, even if the two parts are firmly connected into a whole. This type of connection is called a stud connection and is also a detachable connection. It is mainly used in the case where one of the connected parts has a large thickness, requires a compact structure, or is not suitable for bolt connection due to frequent disassembly.
3. Screw: It is also a type of fastener consisting of the head and the screw. It can be divided into three categories according to its purpose: machine screws, set screws and special-purpose screws. Machine screws are mainly used for a tight connection between a part with a threaded hole and a part with a through hole, without the need for a nut (this type of connection is called a screw connection, which is also a detachable connection; it can also be Cooperate with the nut for fastening connection between two parts with through holes.) Set screws are mainly used to fix the relative position between the two parts. Special-purpose screws such as eyebolts are used for lifting parts.
4.Nuts: with internal threaded holes, the shape is generally a flat hexagonal column shape, but also a flat square column or flat cylindrical shape, with bolts, studs or machine screws, used to fasten the two parts, As a whole, Anti Theft Nuts are common.
Anti Theft Nuts
5. Self-tapping screws: Similar to machine screws, but the threads on the screw are special threads for self-tapping screws. It is used to fasten two thin metal members to make it a whole.A small hole must be made on the member in advance. Due to the high hardness of this screw, it can be screwed directly into the hole of the member, so that Form the corresponding internal thread. This type of connection is also a detachable connection.
6.Wood screws: similar to machine screws, but the screw on the screw is a special wood screw thread, which can be directly screwed into the wooden member (or part), used to put a metal (or non-metal) with a through hole The parts are fastened to a wooden member. This connection is also a detachable connection.
7. Washer: a type of fastener with a flat circular ring shape. It is placed between the support surface of the bolt, screw or nut and the surface of the connected part, which plays the role of increasing the contact surface area of the connected part, reducing the unit area pressure and protecting the surface of the connected part from being damaged; another type of elastic washer, It can also play a role in preventing the nut from loosening.
8. Retaining ring: It is installed in the shaft groove or hole groove of the machine or equipment and plays a role in preventing the parts on the shaft or hole from moving left and right.
9. Pin: mainly used for positioning parts, and some can also be used for parts connection, fixing parts, transmitting power or locking other fasteners.
10. Rivets: A type of fastener consisting of the head and the nail rod, used to fasten two parts (or components) with through-holes to make it a whole. This type of connection is called rivet connection, or riveting for short. It is a non-removable connection. Because the two parts connected together must be separated, the rivets on the parts must be destroyed.
11.Assembly and connection pair: Assembly refers to a type of fasteners supplied in combination, such as the combination of a certain machine screw (or bolt, self-supplied screw) and a flat washer (or spring washer, lock washer); The vice refers to a class of fasteners that are supplied with a combination of a certain type of special bolts, nuts and washers, such as steel structures with high-strength large hexagon head bolts connected to the vice.
12. Welding nail: Due to the heterogeneous fastener formed by the polished rod and the nail head (or no nail head), it is fixedly connected to one part (or component) by welding method so as to be connected with other parts.
The above are the types of fasteners introduced by Fastener Bolt Factory.